My precious Texas friend, Jeanine, who is now my precious Tennessee friend has tagged me with a meme. I am assuming it is called a "meme" because I get to talk about me me! I am suppose to tell seven true things about myself and tag seven other people. So here are my nominees.... Stacy and David, Adrian and Jon, Anita and Clay, Gina and Pete (I know you are busy so you may have an extension). I'm cheating a bit with the husbands but, I know they read these blogs too so, lets give them a chance to talk about themselves!
SEVEN TRUE THINGS ABOUT VICKI
1. When I pray by myself I fall asleep. I have to keep a written prayer journal or pray out loud to stay awake. When I pray out loud with Brady he falls asleep! I'm glad God never sleeps!
2. I am an excellent parallel parker! It's a gift!
3. My thumb doubles as a microphone.
4. Last fall I woke up one morning, looked out the window and saw something swarming in the distance. I just knew I was seeing an apocalyptic sign. I called to Brady waking him from his sweet dreams to join me breathless at the window. Turned out to be some cow birds swarming over poop in the next field. Brady teased me that we'd been left behind. We've laughed about that for a year now!
5. I have a degree in Corporate Fitness/Exercise Science. I don't have a corporation. I am currently not into fitness. I don't exercise. I'm terrible at Science.
6. I can't believe I'm sharing this with you but....I learned how to ride a bike last spring. Brady bought me my very first bike for my birthday two weeks after Charlie was born. Needless to say I wasn't going to hop on it and learn right away. However, I did learn six months later. Hooray! Brady was so precious running behind me in our field. I had on a helmet and everything. Our house is right off a busy street so, there is much traffic along our field. I'm pretty sure some people were driving by thinking, "Ahhh look at Dr. Banta out there helping that "special needs girl" learn how to ride a bike". Anyway, humbling myself to learn was worth it. I've had so much fun riding bikes with my kids. I can at least be proud of the fact that I never had training wheels!
7. When I was a little girl my granny would eat chocolate chip cookies and a Coke Classic for breakfast. She told me when I was a granny I could do it, too. Well, I didn't wait until I was a granny, except I drink Diet Coke.