the brady bunch

THE BRADY BUNCH

THE BRADY BUNCH

"AND HE DETERMINED THE TIMES SET FOR THEM AND THE EXACT PLACES WHERE THEY SHOULD LIVE. GOD DID THIS SO THAT MEN WOULD SEEK HIM AND PERHAPS REACH OUT FOR HIM, THOUGH HE IS NOT FAR FROM EACH ONE OF US." ACTS 17:26&27

Monday, January 7, 2008

Words to Live by..... "Jay"isms


Bungly (bun galee) adj. 1. A sense of messiness; disorderly 2. Being unattractive Ex. Charlie's hair was bungly this morning!

Sploot (Spl oot) verb 1. To be shot out with great force
Ex. The lava will sploot out of the volcano.

Slippedy (Slip eddie) adj. 1. Slick; slippery 2. Causing one to fall
Ex. The sidewalk was slippedy because of the ice.

Jay has been memorizing scriptures for his cubbies class at AWANA. One of the first ones he understood completely was "all have sinned." Whenever his siblings would get in "trouble" he would say "is that all have sinned?" Yes Jay Whenever he would get in "trouble" he would say "is that all have sinned?" Yes Jay. He gets it and thus the rest of us are reminded of our sin as well.

The above picture is Jay experimenting with a Sharpie. (Why do I even have those in my house?) Jay, What were you doing? "I wanted to make you smile!" He Did!

5 comments:

Kevin said...

Don't worry Charlie, my hair is bungly in the morning as well.

Tara said...

What a cutie! I may file some "Jay"isms away. Oh, and the permanent marker, that's ALWAYS fun. Can't wait to see you guys.

The Greers said...

Maddox has major "bungly" hair in the morning... and well... throughout the day bless his sweet soul! Those Banta children.... still just as precious as ever!

Adrian said...

I love that age of the ___-isms, it is sad to see them go. How precious that his aim was to make you smile! Remind me to tell you about Jay and I's little conversation last night.
It is a blessing to serve the Cubbies beside you, sweet friend!

Regina said...

Hilarious! I just love those stories, them gave me a big ole smile on my face! :)