the brady bunch

THE BRADY BUNCH

THE BRADY BUNCH

"AND HE DETERMINED THE TIMES SET FOR THEM AND THE EXACT PLACES WHERE THEY SHOULD LIVE. GOD DID THIS SO THAT MEN WOULD SEEK HIM AND PERHAPS REACH OUT FOR HIM, THOUGH HE IS NOT FAR FROM EACH ONE OF US." ACTS 17:26&27

Friday, May 23, 2008

Toilet Humor

I've never been a big proponent of toilette humor, however, today it struck me twice as quite funny. Maybe since my boys are getting older they are forcing me over to the dark side? Please let me know if I'm slowly becoming uncouth.

So, this morning Charlie (20 months today!) has decided independently that the floors must be dirty (they are not! because they were swept and mopped yesterday!). Anyway, he creatively and resourcefully began dumping cups of toilet water (and I'm not talking about the French kind "eau de toilette") all over the house... beginning in Riley's room and continuing throughout the kitchen. Do I just surrender to thinking I can ever win the battle to have a germ less or even a germ-reduced house. I must be relaxing a little because I did find the humor in it rather quickly. In my younger years it would have taken me at least year before I thought that was funny.

The other off-humor thought is my own fault. Some of us may be getting an economic stimulus refund check. Is it me or is this whole idea of giving Americans money to spend on what-ever their little hearts desire instead of being encouraged to paying off our own current debt ridiculous or what? I don't have a degree in Economics but, even just encouraging Americans to use it more wisely like at the gas pumps seems more logical. I think it should have been called a "gas relief" refund check!

4 comments:

Riley:) said...

WHAT?!?!? Why didn't you tell me Charlie dumped "potty water" all over my room? That is DIGUSTING!!!!!! Charlie is dead meat! You sooo should have told me as soon as you picked me up from school! Oh well, I guess I should be glad you FINALLY put another post on the blog!
Love always,
Riley

Unknown said...

First of all...you are definitely crossing over to the dark side. But you can't help it when you have boys...it is inevitable!
And I completely agree about the check...I keep seeing signs around town that say "spend your stimulus check here!" How about "Pay off your credit cards and stop buying stuff you don't need???"

Jillian said...

I did not realize you were not supposed to laugh at potty humor...I guess I am SO outnumbered I have to laugh with the masses.

The only time I did not laugh is when Thomas cleaned an unflushed toilet (that would be his) with his brothers toothbrushes. Nothing like brown toothbrushes...good thing I caught him....oooohhhhhh.

About the ckeck...you know where we are...we just need groceries to not go on the credit card!

Scott and Courtney Burlison said...

ok, I have three girls and have to get on to Scott regularly for incorporating potty humor just to make them giggle. I can hear her teacher now, "Mrs. Burlison, Mary Ella likes to say 'poo-poo' and giggle in class."

My response? "here is her father's number..."