the brady bunch

THE BRADY BUNCH

THE BRADY BUNCH

"AND HE DETERMINED THE TIMES SET FOR THEM AND THE EXACT PLACES WHERE THEY SHOULD LIVE. GOD DID THIS SO THAT MEN WOULD SEEK HIM AND PERHAPS REACH OUT FOR HIM, THOUGH HE IS NOT FAR FROM EACH ONE OF US." ACTS 17:26&27

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Answered Prayer!

Brady and I took our Riley, one of her friends and our Hallie to a Christian concert Friday night in Billings. There were four bands playing Anberlin, Madina Lake, Goodnight Sunrise, Between The Trees. They were selling panties at the concert and alcohol, yes, I said this was a Christian Concert! Even still, it was a blessing in so many different ways. My first instinct was to drive home as fast as I could (cause I like to drive fast) and lock all of our girls in the gun-safe for SEVERAL YEARS. But seriously, it did make me step up my prayers for them this week.

Another blessing was one of the songs that has been ringing in my ears is called "Unwinding Cable Car." One of the lines in that song is....

"So self-absorbed, you've seemed to ignore the prayers that have already come about."

In an effort to avoid this travesty in my own spiritual walk. I must share an answered prayer. When we moved to Montana we left a big community church with an amazing worship music ministry. Montana has left us with... lets just say room for improvement. We haven't known most of the songs they sing here. Worship isn't a verb for them yet. Their songs are horizontal, not vertical. There is a really great church in Billings we have visited occasionally. I have been moved to tears on more than one occasion simply because I miss true corporate worship. Long story short, after months of prayers and times of fasting I have seen answers to not only my prayers but the prayers of others who have lived here longer than I.

The past four Sundays at our small church we have corporately worshiped. The coolest part for me personally is my husband and daughter have been instrumental (pun intended) to accomplish this task. Our church now has a cowboy early service and a contemporary service. Hallelujah! Brady is directing the contemporary worship and playing the guitar (which he learned in less than a year) and Riley is playing the bass guitar which she started less than a year ago as well! One of our best friends, John, is leading the singing.

I never thought in a million years God would use my husband and my daughter to fulfill my heart's desire to worship HIM here in Montana. He does far more than we ask or imagine!

6 comments:

jenn said...

That's wonderful!! I understand what you've been going through in a church struggling with corporate worship, and I'm SO HAPPY that your prayers have been answered!! It's such a blessing to have that time to prepare your heart before the sermon. :)

Scott and Courtney Burlison said...

Wow! Go Riley and Brady! That is awesome. I will pray for this service and that it grows according to God's boundless vision and will! Hugs to all.

Weavers said...

What a neat story! I love it that God used Brady and Riley to plant a seed- I pray that it will grow, and that the new worship will be "infectious!"

Adrian said...

'...beyond all that we ask or imagine...'
Our God is an awesome God! Praising Him with you! Yay, Brady, Riley, and my John!
What a sweet thing you would have missed if you weren't here...;)
Love you!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful testimony of God's faithfulness! I love your willingness to be used. You are all storing up those treasures in Heaven, sweet friend

Kevin said...

Rock on Rily and Brady!! Clear Creek still does have an awesome worship team, we will miss them when we move.