the brady bunch

THE BRADY BUNCH

THE BRADY BUNCH

"AND HE DETERMINED THE TIMES SET FOR THEM AND THE EXACT PLACES WHERE THEY SHOULD LIVE. GOD DID THIS SO THAT MEN WOULD SEEK HIM AND PERHAPS REACH OUT FOR HIM, THOUGH HE IS NOT FAR FROM EACH ONE OF US." ACTS 17:26&27

Thursday, July 1, 2010

May 1 Riley turned 15! 15 is hard to believe but, even more difficult for her daddy and I is that in Montana they are allowed to get their DRIVER'S LICENSE!! Yes, I know we live in a small town in the middle of nowhere. Yes, I know it only takes five minutes to get anywhere. There is no rush hour, there are no traffic jams and she never even has to get on the highway. Now I am glad we live here!! :)
Here is Riley with her Dance Team friends on her actual birthday. Her busy school schedule is one reason I am excited about her new found freedom! Brady and I had to get up many mornings last year around 5:00/6:00 so she could squeeze all her Cheer-leading and Dance Team practices/Driver's Ed into her day. I will be ever so grateful to have her in charge of her comings and goings next year! :) Although, I will miss her being my DJ and finding out what her favorite song of the day is and her great ideas to go through the drive-through to get a drink because she was literally dying of thirst, my little desert mouse!!
This is her cousin and life-long friend Hannah. They came to see us last week, more to come on that story as I am extremely far behind on my blogging posts.
To fill Riley's long days of summer she has gotten into painting, jewelry making, still doing photography and she has even started a blog as well, called OH SNAP

If, right now, you are staring at the computer screen trying to figure out what you will click on next will you please pause for a moment and send up a prayer for her daddy and I as we are stumbling our way through these teen years with her. It is sooo difficult watching our oldest start to frustatingly fidget as she stretches her wondrous wings. She will be leaving the nest in just three VERY SHORT YEARS! I want her to fly finding her confidence in Christ alone.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh WOW and oh MY! Fifteen and driving...I can hardly stand it! Give her a belated birthday hug from her friends in TN and we will join you in praying through those teen years. Wow. What an adventure! But I have NO doubt that you are doing a beautiful, God-honoring job of helping her walk through these wing-stretching days.