the brady bunch

THE BRADY BUNCH

THE BRADY BUNCH

"AND HE DETERMINED THE TIMES SET FOR THEM AND THE EXACT PLACES WHERE THEY SHOULD LIVE. GOD DID THIS SO THAT MEN WOULD SEEK HIM AND PERHAPS REACH OUT FOR HIM, THOUGH HE IS NOT FAR FROM EACH ONE OF US." ACTS 17:26&27

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

When the girls were younger for about six or seven years almost every night before bed we would have family devotional time. We would have them where ever we were, many times we had them in the car on the way home after a busy day. Regrettably, in the last three years those "devos" have become fewer and father between almost nonexistent. This past weekend we went to Rapid City, SD for Hills Alive, a Christian music festival. I was convicted of my lack of convictions to keep those nightly devos a priority. Yes, it is hard to keep all of their attention when the age gap is 11 years. Yes, the boys don't want to sit down for more than two seconds. However, the kids LOVE it when we do them. When we say "Devo Time" they all come running. (Please Lord help me make this a priority. It is as important as feeding them physically, I must feed them spiritually!)

Most of the time our devos are different every night. However, we have a few Banta family devos that we do at least once a year. I am going to post some of those for the kids to read for when they have their families.

One of our very favorites is called "TRUST." It is the one they ask for by name and the easiest one to keep them all interested. We read Proverb 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." Didn't have to look that one up because we have done this devo soooo many times! Each one of them repeats that scripture back to us.

Then all the kids line up and fall into daddies arms backwards. Through this I have learned that my heavenly Father will be there to catch me, even when I can't see Him and usually at the very last second, but He is always there.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I love this!! Such a great idea! Thanks for sharing. :)
Andrea

Regina said...

So strange....where you in Texas this weekend? I could have sworn I saw you or your look-a-like from a distance at the mall!!!

Vicki Banta said...

yes I was! I have a college roommate trip every July and we were in Frisco! I bet you saw me!! I wish you would have said hello!! How crazy? We haven't seen each other in soo many years. I'm surprised you even recognized me!! :) Hope you are doing great!