the brady bunch

THE BRADY BUNCH

THE BRADY BUNCH

"AND HE DETERMINED THE TIMES SET FOR THEM AND THE EXACT PLACES WHERE THEY SHOULD LIVE. GOD DID THIS SO THAT MEN WOULD SEEK HIM AND PERHAPS REACH OUT FOR HIM, THOUGH HE IS NOT FAR FROM EACH ONE OF US." ACTS 17:26&27

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

How to make a bad hair day good!

Dear Riley, Hallie and Bailee,

I wanted you girls to know there is a way to make a bad hair day good, besides throwing on a cap which is usually my remedy of choice. If you know me at all, you know this isn't going to be about hair styling techniques. I'm sorry to say, I haven't known how to "fix" my hair since the eighties. Even then pictures of my hair makes you laugh. From the time I was old enough to use two mirrors to view the back of my head, I was horrified to find out I have a cowlick the size of Texas. I have struggled with covering that "bald spot" ever since. It was then I gave up on allowing my hair to make or break my day. It says somewhere in 1st Corinthians that a woman's hair is her glory? We can safely say my hair is not my glory.

Turning the proverbial "bad hair day" around happens inside your head and not on top of your head. It is easier to control your thoughts and attitudes than the hairs on our head. I'm so glad we have control over something in our life, in my 38 years I finally figured out that the only thing we can control is our own thoughts.

No comments: