the brady bunch

THE BRADY BUNCH

THE BRADY BUNCH

"AND HE DETERMINED THE TIMES SET FOR THEM AND THE EXACT PLACES WHERE THEY SHOULD LIVE. GOD DID THIS SO THAT MEN WOULD SEEK HIM AND PERHAPS REACH OUT FOR HIM, THOUGH HE IS NOT FAR FROM EACH ONE OF US." ACTS 17:26&27

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Summer of Charlie

July 22nd Charlie turned 4. That week Riley had been watching Cupcake Wars, I think, and was inspired to make Charlie's Birthday cake and cupcakes per his request of Transformers. His birthday wish which he said aloud was for "a real live grandmother." Who was sitting right next to him. When he opened his eyes I said pointing to Mimi "look Charlie your wish came true!"


Charlie loves swimming! This summer he learned to swim without floaties and was brave enough to jump off the diving board and go down the slide! He started pre-school this year and loves it. He goes on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 8:30 to 11:00. He wishes it were everyday!
When we went to Colorado this summer he did really great hiking. I think next year he will be ready for the big Mohawk hike! He also loves to "go on adventures" with Bailee when she takes him exploring outside.
Of course he and Jay love to go bird hunting and prairie dog shooting with daddy. I must also take this opportunity to share the new way Charlie has shown me to view each day. One morning when we were getting ready for school he asked me if I wanted to suck seed? What? Ohhhh, succeed! Yes, today I want to succeed and NOT suck seed! If you do have to suck seed some days may they be sunflowers!!!

One of the other funny things Charlie did this summer was cut his own hair. I thought I had almost made it through five kids without a haircut story. One night we all sat down to dinner, prayed and I look over at Charlie's adorable face and notice something is not quite right. "Charlie did you cut your hair?" "Yes." Knowing I had a mess to clean up somewhere in the house, "Where did you cut your hair?" pointing to the top of his head Charlie said "here and here" as if I hadn't notice. We could not stop laughing all through dinner. Charlie immediately stopped laughing when Brady whipped out the clippers! He cried for a little bit because he was worried he wouldn't be handsome. I still think he's handsome with his buzz but, I don't think he will be cutting his own hair for awhile.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Oh Charlie boy, I need to see yall!