the brady bunch

THE BRADY BUNCH

THE BRADY BUNCH

"AND HE DETERMINED THE TIMES SET FOR THEM AND THE EXACT PLACES WHERE THEY SHOULD LIVE. GOD DID THIS SO THAT MEN WOULD SEEK HIM AND PERHAPS REACH OUT FOR HIM, THOUGH HE IS NOT FAR FROM EACH ONE OF US." ACTS 17:26&27

Monday, February 4, 2008

Truth in Humor

Yes, I was joking about my last "Venti" post. However, humor just isn’t funny unless it reflects some semblance of truth. So, I thank you for allowing me to say somethings I've been thinking. First of all, I am soooo glad to know my mom is reading the blog. The purpose for the blog has been fulfilled. The sweet contact with my friends is icing on the cake(which in my recipe book is totally necessary). I really appreciated Etta's post on blogging. It was exactly what I needed to read, I gained a new perspective. She's a deep pool. Me, I'm a pond that can get deep when it rains or really shallow when it's hot. I'm proud to announce I am listed among Jeanine's friends. She, like Etta, is an amazing Godly woman. Thank you for being patient with me as I grow as a Christian and a blogger.

2 comments:

Etta said...

A deep pool? I think I'm more like a swimming pool that might have a few sinkholes. :)

Thanks for the high praise, but girl, YOU taught me A LOT about motherhood and prayer (and how closely those two must be related) in my 6 short months in Galvez Town. I was so "wet behind the ears" in the mommy department back then! I should be thanking YOU.

Unknown said...

You have it backwards, my friend. It is I who am proud to list YOU among my friends. And "growing" as a blogger is not necessary. :) It is as a wife, mom, and friend that you are most gifted, and your blog simply reflects the sweet and pure heart He has given you. I love you!